Friday, November 30, 2012

Lots of Veggies...

Day two and I haven't cheated yet! And it's been hard because, at this point, all I want is a sandwich. And chocolate. ...Oh, what I wouldn't give for some chocolate. I do have to say I think today was somewhat easier than fruit day. Here's what I ate... Breakfast was 1 cup of sweet corn (Birdseye Steamfresh). I snacked on red and green bell pepper slices at work and had 1 and a half cups of stir fry veggies (Birdseye) for lunch. Dinner actually functioned as "real food" and consisted of a salad (lettuce, red peppers, carrot slivers, mushrooms, and peas) topped with baked potato wedges. Instead of making a normal baked potato with butter, I baked potato slices with with a little olive oil. Erik and I eat these "fries" often because they are healthy and d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s. (see below for the super easy recipe). They are great eaten alone or topped on a salad. For dressing, I used red wine vinegar. I don't have much of an appetite today and have no idea whether or not it is related to this diet. In fact, I took carrot sticks to work that I never even touched and I couldn't finish my salad at dinner. To somewhat satisfy a craving for sugar this evening, I made tea with a packet of Splenda. Craving gone! And of course, the most important question... did I lose weight yet? YES! I weighed myself Thursday morning on day one, and then again this morning and I was down 2.2 lbs. At least this was motivation for me to eat right again today. Nearly two days down, five more to go!


Healthy Fries: Cut potato into wedges; 1 medium potato per person. Put them in a zip lock bag or a container with a lid and add a little bit of olive oil (about 1/2 a tablespoon per potato, or until it is enough to lightly coat the potatoes). Sprinkle in a little bit of Italian seasoning and any other spice of your choice; sometimes I use a little onion or garlic powder. Shake the bag or container until the potatoes are coated, place on a metal cookie sheet and sprinkle with some sea salt, but just a little! Sometimes I don't use any salt at all since the seasoning gives it enough flavor. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes, flipping the potatoes after 10 minutes. Hope you love these!


No comments:

Post a Comment