Thursday, November 29, 2012

Fruit Day

Today was day one! The day is nearly over and I'm still alive! Woo! Here's what I ate... Breakfast was a pear and an apple, lunch was fruit salad, and dinner was warm strawberry applesauce. Doesn't sound like much but I'm actually not hungry right now. I'm not exactly satisfied, but I'm not starving either. I did crave salt a few times today, but other than that, it really wasn't too bad. The downside is I really feel like I want to eat something. Maybe it's habit or maybe it's because my body knows I didn't get all the nutrients I should have today. The upside is I actually feel pretty fabulous. Just one day of not putting an ounce of "crap food" in my body and I already feel better. I'm in a good mood and have a decent amount of energy. And I'm down 0.6 lbs since I last weighed myself 24 hours ago! One thing I'm thankful for is I did have my "survival kit" that went to work with me today. I allowed myself to chew sugar free gum and drink hot tea with Splenda. The gum was good when I felt like totally blowing this diet thing already and getting crackers from the vending machine. The tea helps too. So, day 1... so far so good.  Now to figure out what I'll eat for breakfast tomorrow on vegetable day... there isn't a better way to start your day than a nice bowl full of baby carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment